Owen Jones Ashby ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Dean & Smedley Ltd of 65 Horninglow Road, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2PP (registration number Z4756580).
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by making purchases, uploading photos, and filling in forms on our site owenjonesashby.co.uk ("our site").
- Information that you provide when signing up for an account. When using an account your order history and uploaded photos will be linked to your account information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. Information collected in this way is only stored in an anonymised state and cannot be linked to you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To identify you when you sign-in to our site. This also allows us to store information about your preferences and allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
We use the following cookies on this site:
- Sessions Cookie - This lets the site carry information between different pages, it also keeps track or your preferences and remembers you when you return to the site.
- plupload_ui_view - Allows uploading of photos in a user friendly way.
In addition to cookies we may also use other tracking technologies such as beacons, tags, scripts, and transparent pixels. This will only ever be used with the analytics services mentioned on this page.
Where we store your personal data
All payment transactions will be handled by a third party payment processor (PayPal), this may cause your transactional information to be stored outside of the EEA.
If you are subscribed to our e-mail newsletter then your contact details will be handled by a third party (mailchimp) which will cause your name and email address to be stored outside of the EEA.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
In some circumstances your personal data will be processed by a third party, you will be notified where this occurs before submitting your data. We will not share your personal data with any other third parties, except those mentioned on this page, without first seeking your permission.
Payment transactions are handled by a third party payment processor (PayPal), this means your payment, order, and delivery details will be shared with them.
If subscribed to our e-mail newsletter, your name and e-mail address will be shared MailChimp who provide our e-mail mailing list service.
We will share your personal information if required to comply with a legal obligation.
Retention of your data
Photos uploaded to our site for printing may remain on our photo lab systems for up to a maximum of 30 days in case a problem occurs that requires reprinting.
When using an account, your personal information will remain on our servers until your account is closed. You can do this at any time by signing into your account using the "Close your account" option (your account will be recoverable for a period of approximately one month before it is deleted entirely).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold on you.
- You can request that we update inaccurate information.
- Where consent is used, you can withdraw it at any time.
- You can request that we delete information we hold on you.
For printing and shop services we process your personal data in the performance of a contract.
For order history and other account data we process your personal information data using legitimate interests.
For email newsletters and other marketing we process your personal data using consent.
For more information or to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.